- Meet age requirements. Be a boy who is 11 years old, or one who has completed the fifth grade or earned the Arrow of Light Award and is at least 10 years old, but is not yet 18 years old.
- Complete a Boy Scout application and health history signed by your parent or guardian.
- Find a Scout troop near your home.
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the pamphlet exercises. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide.
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in your Boy Scout application and health history form signed by your parent or guardian, then participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
Troop 29 meets every Thursday during the year at 7:00 PM at the Rocklin Community Center on 5th Street.
Webelos and perspective new Scouts and family members are always invited to visit during our Thursday night meetings. Email the Scoutmaster, if possible, in order for us to have available additional information about our Troop during your visit.
Download our Welcome to Troop 29 Info here.
Troop events and scheduling information is emailed to the Scouts/parents as a backup to the announcements during the meetings.